Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sanity Recommended

Wow, can't belive this much time has passed since I last posted anything. For a really quick update, I've been to two Olympic Qualifiers so far. In Doha I worked on the psychological side of my game concentrating on staying relaxed and enjoying it - maybe a little too relaxed and I forgot to get away from my opponents attacks. Budapest was much better and I worked really hard. Unfortunately though I am not near qualfying yet and so with two qualifyers to go I'm completely ready to put my all in.

The good news is that I've been reselected for the team event for these final competitions so I have even more opportunity to show these foreigners what I'm made of.

I've also been blogging for the o2careers website and given the odd talk letting my colleagues experience a bit of the passion and excitement I feel towards the Olympics and to spread the Olympic fever round o2. And the main parallel I find between working life at o2 and aiming to compete at the Olympics is to make sure that everything you do helps you to come out the other side 100% sane. This is fully recommended. As soon as this starts to sway and your perspective gets distorted you're heading for trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment